What’s good about it?
– I wonder what… We have been raised by the same culture. We have that in common. We can do our favorite things. It’s easier to talk to her. We don’t get any chance to meet them. So I can’t imagine being with a foreigner. Hey guys it’s Cathy Cat. And right now we are on the streets of Tokyo We’re gonna go and ask Japanese people if they would marry a foreigner. Or if they prefer to marry a Japanese person. Let’s go and find out. If you are new to our channel, don’t forget to subscribe and let’s go and Ask Japanese. Would you marry a foreigner? Or would you rather not. We admire that. We were just talking about it now. Director: We just asked you this at the right time. Yes we were just talking about it. You said you were just talking about it. What were you saying
? One of our friends’ boyfriends is a foreigner. We envy that. I admire that a lot. Where is the boyfriend from? Where is he from? I have no clue. But we know he is a foreigner, I think that’s great. What’s so great about it? What? He has something that Japanese people don’t have. What do Japanese men not have? I wonder what… I can’t give you exact details. I think foreign men might approach you with lots of effort. That’s my image. I admire that about foreigners. Their love expressions?
– They seem to be more open. I like that. Once married do you want to live in their country or in Japan? In that case, Japan is best. This is where we feel safest. If your partner is foreign, sooner or later you might go abroad to meet his family. I’ll try my best then. You said they have something Japanese don’t. What would that be? What? You can just tell me the image you have. They are not as girly as Japanese boys. They are more direct. You mean more manly? Maybe not manly but… Why do you prefer a Japanese person? We have been raised by the same culture. Because of that we will have things we like in common. That makes it easier to talk. Why do you prefer a Japanese girl? Well, foreigners have a different culture. some things we might not agree upon. I think it would make for an easier life. What would make it easier? The food and such. You’re the one who wants to marry a foreigner. Why?
– Why? Since I am half Japanese, I get a long well with Koreans. And other people from other countries, they are really global aren’t they. In Japan there are many visitors, and exchange students and such. In those circles you find out about different cultures. Some things are difficult with other cultures, but you can find out about new things. And by understanding each other, things get double the fun. By trying new things, we double the experiences. There isn’t anyone who I am thinking of in particular. But I would like to. Would you like to live in his or your country? That would depend on my partner. I am a good girl like that. Nice one. You say you prefer marrying a Japanese person. Why? My boyfriend is Japanese so I hope we will… You can boast about your boyfriend now.
– There is nothing to boast about. Why do you prefer a Japanese person? I am 100% Japanese so, I want to be with a Japanese person. We match. I’d like to give birth do a half Japanese kid because they are cute. But I don’t speak any English myself. That seems tough. I have also more chances if meeting Japanese people. That’s why I think a Japanese person is good. The cultural difference makes you worried? I like Japanese food ok. What if I have to eat bread every day in order to please my partner? Well that’s my imagination. I wouldn’t want that. Why yes? Half Japanese kids are very cute and they are free from one’s cultural bounds. They must be very friendly. Not bound to the ties of culture? How cool. Do you have an ideal country where you would like your partner to be from? Norway, Sweden or so. Why from there?
– They have hot springs. Apparently it’s a very beautiful place. Once married, do you wanna live there?
– I do. Of there is a hot spring, its ok.
– Exactly. Why do you prefer a foreigner? Foreign men have manners, and seem very polite. Sometimes when you have foreign waiters, they are much more polite. They do things more in detail than Japanese people would. Once you are married, would you live in Japan or abroad? Japan would be best. Why so? The place I am used to is probably best for me. Everyone says Japanese people are so polite. Why are you saying the opposite? It’s the opposite, Japanese people are no good. Why so? Any experience you’d like to share? Many waiters in restaurant are super bad. Why so? The way they give you the money and all. They just whack it down? Foreigners hand it to you very kindly. Don’t you think so.
– Yeah. You said no, so tell me why you prefer to marry a Japanese person?T There is not special reason. I just don’t have a chance to meet any foreigners. That’s why I said no. You have no foreigners in your acquaintances?
– Not at all. So you don’t really know how it would be.
– Yes. Why would you prefer a foreigner? My horizon might broaden a lot through it. And foreigners seem to love someone very much. In Japan there are more boys who are quite conservative. And I have the idea that boys abroad are a bit more active. Because foreigners are kind. What’s kind about them? Well, I am working at a convenience store. The foreign customers will actually be kind and thank me. They are very kind when they interact with me. That’s why I like them. Does that mean you sometimes get rude Japanese customers. There are a lot… People who just toss their cards on the counter. Makes me feel bad. Those were all questions. Thanks for the interview. Would Japanese people marry a foreigner? The majority said yes with 7 votes. So not that many. And then we had couple of people who said no. The majority of people who said no, said we can’t speak their language, the culture is different, the food is different… simple things that can be fixed when people talk with each other. The ones who said yes, said yes I’d like to marry someone from abroad… the kids will be cute and the majority of girls said yes because They like that abroad many men are gentlemen, they open the doors they take more care of a lady while in Japan that is a cultural thing that is pretty much non-existent. The man is over the woman, the woman has to serve the man sometimes still very domestic old-school rules there, that some people like to keep on… so some women said I’d like to have a man who is not like that. Interesting to see. So how is that for you? Would you like to marry a foreigner or would you like to stay with someone from your country. Let us know, leave us a comment down below. So we can find out. Don’t forget click and HIT the subscribe button… click it or hit it, however you want to do it. Subscribe to our channel for more videos, and if you have already been with us, don’t forget to click on the notification symbol so you get notified about future videos from our channel. I hope you enjoyed this, and I catch you soon for another report from Ask Japanese.